Group Sharing Guidelines
From the Introduction to the Spiritual Journey Series:
"Each narrative is meant to be read and experienced in silence and stillness and to be an occasion for reflection, study, engagement, and embodiment."
During our sessions, you are encouraged to participate by sharing from your personal experience as it relates to material reviewed from the teaching. (You are not required to share; silence is perfectly fine.)
We’re suggesting these guidelines to help to create a safe environment for each of us to feel comfortable enough to share personal experiences and know that our experiences will be heard and respectfully honored.
We would like to provide space for all to who wish to be heard.
1) Listen to others from the heart, with an attitude of love and welcome, without judgment.
2) Speak from your own experience, using “I” statements.
3) “Silence is a rare gift. After someone has spoken, take time to reflect and fully listen, without immediately filling the space with words.” (Parker Palmer, Circles of Trust)
4) Refrain from giving advice or solutions.
5) To allow equal time for all to share, please refrain from sharing more than once, until everyone (who wishes to) has had a chance to be heard.
For more on sharing guidelines, we find these Sharing Guidelines offered from Meditation Chapel to be worthy of consideration.